Sunday, November 23, 2008

Still not used to tropical winters

Such a nice morning that I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and have the windows open. There's lots of things I don't like about Texas, but winters ain't one of them.

I was so productive at the gem shop yesterday. Cut and polished 3 cabs completely: tear-drop sodalite, large oval moss agate, and a diamond blue tigers eye. They came out very nice, especially the moss agate. Then I spent about an hour and a half working on a Boulder opal. It's so soft, I was worried about chipping it. Actually, I was worried about ruining it. I've had this piece for probably 2 or 3 years, and never really did anything with it. Finally decided it wasn't worth anything just sitting in my closet, so started to play with it. Another guy was working on Boulder opal yesterday too, so we compared notes. Still not finished with it. I'll have to take it back next Saturday to see if I can get anything out of it.

I hope I'm doing peeling from my misadventure with the sun last weekend. Bleah. Bad enough to have a burn and peel, but for it to be on your face is the worst.

Today is a nice day to stay at home and do stuff around the house. And work some more on my baby registry. I did manage to convince Daniel to go with me to Babies-R-Us to look at car seats and strollers. I had to bribe him by taking him to dinner afterward, because he said it was too early to worry about that sort of stuff. I don't care. I'm trying to figure all this stuff out. I never knew strollers and car seats were so complicated. Sheesh.

We also had a nice get-together at work on Friday. Someone brought it a copy of Wall-E, and we had a potluck lunch. I volunteered to bring a salad because I knew everyone else would bring desserts. Yep, mine was the only green thing on the table. Everyone loved it though. I made that and a blueberry oatmeal cake, both from my Eating Well When You're Expecting book, and they were both great.

No comments: