Thursday, April 16, 2009

Check Engine Light

My check engine light came on a couple of days ago. No biggie, I thought. I need to take it in for an oil change anyway, so I'll have them look at the engine to see what's wrong.

That was good and fine until Tuesday afternoon. I had a post-op doctor appointment, so I put Declan in the car seat, turned on the engine, and it went click-click-click. Grrrr. So Declan went back in the house with Daniel and I took Daniel's 2 seater to the doctor. We have only one car, and we can't put the car seat in that one. So this afternoon, we're going to jump the car and take it to Wal-Mart to get a new battery. Hopefully that will fix the problem, at least long enough for us to get a new car.

We'd talked about getting a new car anyway, but we thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go to the dealership when I was 9 months pregnant. Not sure it'll be any better with an infant in tow, but what can you do?

No comments: