Sunday, July 05, 2009

My growing boy

We measured Declan at home today. He's up to 25.5 inches long and 18 pounds. That makes 4 pounds gained in the past month, and an inch and a half. Daniel says he's fat, but I don't think so. His legs are suitably chubby, but his midsection is fairly lean...for a baby.

He's been wanting to sit up the last week, and he definitely fusses if we leave him alone on his playmat too long. He can also hold his head level with his body when I pull him sitting upright with his arms. He has also learned to blow raspberries. Only done it a few times but he's getting the hang of it.

Today was a good day for Declan. He was in a good mood for almost 3 hours throughout the day. He giggled and laughed and cooed lots. Too bad I've misplaced my camera for a while. I know it's around, but I'm not sure where I put it. It's probably buried under a baby blanket somewhere.

No comments: