Thursday, February 19, 2009

Work *sigh*

It's just been one of those weeks. Nothing horribly wrong, but there are so many little things to do that I feel like I'm being bitten by ants. 2 dozen small things that take up the entire day and then some, and don't leave you time to do the important things. I'm trying to wrap up all the contract stuff for the month of January, but I'm not looking forward to going through the financial statement.

By the way, since when did Technical Monitor come to mean Financial Monitor/Accountant? Can't I just tell my budget analyst that these numbers seem out of line and let him figure it out? Why do I have to spend hours and hours trying to decipher why the costs went up almost a million dollars?

Plus the whole not-sleeping-well thing doesn't help. It seems like more and more often, I'm waking up after 5 hours of sleep, then I need a nap right when I come home. Like today. It was a beautiful day out, and when I got home, I really needed and wanted to go for a walk. I'd been sitting on my butt all day and I know I need to move around. But I was laying on the bed, and I was very honest with myself. I wasn't about to get up and go for a walk, so an hour nap it was. Felt great, too. Even better than eating, which is impressive, because I was starving.

No comments: