Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All About Avocado

For the last week, Declan's been regressing on his solid food. He just hasn't wanted any. I thought finally, maybe it's because of the texture. He liked the avocado we started with, so I thought I'd try that again.

I got a nice ripe one today at the store and mashed it up. At first, he wanted nothing to do with it when I offered it on a spoon. He cried and turned away. So I gave him some more bottle, then let him play with the avocado. He got his hands in the bowl and squished it around. After a few minutes of that, I put some on a spoon and let him grab that and wave it around. Finally, a baby's habit of putting everything they grab in their mouth paid off. He would grab the spoon of avocado and push it into his mouth. He ended up eating about half of what I made, maybe a little less. He wore the rest of it.

Wanna see?

No comments: