Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moving on to Applesauce

And back again. I made applesauce tonight. It was so easy. Just cut up a couple of apples, steamed them for 5-10 minutes, then ran them through the food mill. He was hungry and it was still hot, so I put a small amount in the freezer for a couple of minutes while he started on his bottle.

I gave him his first bite of applesauce and he looked affronted. :) Sort of like.."Hey, that's not my rice cereal. What the heck is this?" And he kept sticking his hand in his mouth with the applesauce, so I think more of it went on his hand and bib than actually into his stomach. We only got through about half a tablespoon of applesauce, and he got too upset with it to keep eating it. So we made a half batch of rice cereal and fed him that, hoping it would help him sleep through the night.

I will say, my baby is such a good boy about going to sleep. We've got our night time ritual now. He eats around 5-6, gets a bath immediately afterward, since he's covered in food. Then we play for an hour or so. As soon as he shows signs of tiredness or fussiness, he gets tucked into his swaddle cloth with his arms out and gets his bedtime bottle. By the time he finishes that, he's pretty much asleep. I rock him a little more, then set him in his crib, and with any luck, he'll sleep through til morning. This morning, he slept all the way until 6 am!

No comments: