Sunday, August 23, 2009

I discovered Declan hates the food processor

I was making green beans for him to try tonight. I steamed them, then put them in the food processor to puree them (as much as possible). He was in the other room in his exersaucer. I heard him cry out a little bit, and Daniel was in with him. I asked, is the noise scaring him? Then Declan lets out this enormous, loud wail and scream.

Daniel said it was hilarious. That Declan had to wind up to it. His face turned red, he took a couple of deep breaths, then he waved his hands in the air and stomped his feet on the exersaucer bottom and screamed as loud as he could.

Poor guy had tears running down his face. So I took him and cuddled a bit, then I put him in his crib and turned on his mobile. Gave him his lovey to hold and a pacifier to suck, and within 60 seconds, he was calm. In another minute or two, he was laughing and kicking. All was forgotten.

No comments: