Finished my $1.50 thrift store quilt I found. I saw a package in the store labeled "unfinished child's quilt" for $1.50, so I picked it up. For that price, why not?
Turns out, it was a pieced top that was 80% finished, and the rest of the material, already cut, was in the bag. Took me all of 1-2 hours to finish piecing and sewing it together. Then I had a muslin that I used for the backing. I picked up some batting from Wal-Mart, and I got enough to use for the quilt and to increase the padding in an upholstered chair that I'm getting ready to redo. A stop at the fabric store, where I paid another $1.50 for some remnant for binding and I was set.
Over the course of a week, I finished quilting and binding the new quilt. It's not perfect, and there are some puckers on the back where it slid a bit, but you know, for less than $10, I have a new quilt that I can let Declan play with however he wants, and I won't get upset if anything happens to it.
Last night, I needed something new to work on. So I painted some primer on a section of my ugly olive-green bathroom in preparation of painting on some tester paint tonight. Then I started cutting out some pieces of fabric to attempt my first slipcover for a chair. Always working on something.