Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Declan Doings

Why haven't I been posting lately? Let's see...I've been making furniture, watching "Lost", making baby toys and clothes, sleeping, cooking, and even playing some games. It's absolutely impossible for me to get on my computer when the little guy is awake, because he insists on crawling under the computer, turning it off, grabbing the mouse, or insisting on getting on my lap and playing with the keyboard. Then in the evening when he goes to bed, I have so many other things to do. I can do a blog post from the laptop, but I need to sit at my desktop to actually upload and play with pictures. Well, mostly. I sneaked in some picture editing time today. Shhhhh.

So I thought I'd do a big ol' post with all the pictures and things we've been doing lately.

We went to the Greek festival a few weeks ago. Wasn't that interesting, unfortunately, and not much place for a little guy to run around. They had some kiddie rides, but he's not big enough for them yet. He wanted so badly to do the inflatable slide, but it was way too big for him. So instead, he settled for getting underfoot of the bigger kids and playing with their shoes whenever he could get away from us. He did find one little playmate for a while though.


I was getting tired of pushing Declan around in his stroller. He had to be fastened in, couldn't move much, and we couldn't ever see him. Plus it didn't hold much and was hard to maneuver over rough terrain. So we ended up buying a little red wagon, and we went fancy. We got the all-terrain rubber tires, on the recommendation of a friend, and I'm glad we did. It handles great and is nice and quiet. We put Declan in it, with a couple of blankets, and he absolutely loves riding in it. The first time we put him in it, he leaned back and draped one arm over the side and was all "look at me, I'm so cool. Oh yeah, the ladies love a guy with a smooth ride."


One night we had corn on the cob, which was delicious by the way. Just for fun, I gave an ear to Declan.
"What a cool toy!"


"What, me? I didn't give it to the cat. Nope."


This is one of his favorite daytime activities: Pull all the DVDs out of the rack and scatter them around. Then he likes to carry one to Daniel or me, so we can "read" the DVD to him. I guess they look like his baby books. The other day, he brought me "Team America" to read. Yeah, I gave him a very edited version. :)


Declan wants YOU to eat your dinner!


What do you do when it's hot out and lots of mosquitos, and you don't want to go to the pool? You make your own baby pool with shredded paper.


It was a big hit. I still have paper bits scattered around though.


Testing out his drumming skills:


On Memorial Day Sunday we went to Galveston Beach. Figured we should go at least once before the beach gets oiled and Declan never gets to play there again. Bleah.

Anyway, he loved the beach. At first, he just sat in the surf, or held onto Daniel's leg. Then after a while, he would run into the surf up to knees, turn around and run back, then repeat over and over. I wouldn't have minded so much except that there were a ton of little jellies washing up on the beach, and it was hard to try and steer him around them all. I didn't want him to get a sting.

Oh, if you're wondering why his face looks funky, you try putting sunscreen on a squirmy toddler.









No comments: