Monday, July 19, 2010

Poor Kiddo

Poor little guy has been sick lately. And beyond that, he's had some rough moments.

Last week, he was running a fever. Took him to the doctor, who said he had a "non-specific viral illness." I took that to be doctor speak for "he's sick." Anyway, the doctor said the leading candidate was West Nile Virus, because of all the mosquito bites he had. They've just been horrendous here the last couple weeks, even after we've sprayed, and the county has sprayed. He had a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and a rash all over his torso. But unless he got so sick he needed to go to the hospital, there's nothing you can do. He can't even tell us how he's feeling. We have to guess.

Then I had a bad mommy moment. We were out late Saturday, and I rushed through his bedtime routine. I accidently stuck both his legs into one leg of his shorts for bedtime. Poor little guy spent all night with his legs stuck together, then in the morning, he had a terrible rash on them, and he wouldn't walk for a couple hours. I felt awful. :( Sunday morning, we just sat on the couch and watched Sesame Street and Food Network for 2-3 hours until he started to feel a little better. The ibuprofen probably helped too.

I do have some more pictures to post sometime, but I haven't turned my computer on in 2 weeks. I've been using the laptop in the evening, but I can't do pictures on it. I'm thinking of buying a new computer, but I don't think I need one yet. I've just been so busy with my new exercise routine, and trying to watch the Tour de France that I don't have any spare time to deal with my computer.

No comments: