Monday, August 31, 2009

I spy with my little eye something that starts with T

As in...Declan's getting teeth!

He's been grumpy and fussy for a month now. It started with the 4 month wakefuls, and then just kept going. He'd be grumpy, even though he was sleeping through the night again (mostly). I kept feeling his gums for teeth for the past 2 weeks, but nothing. Apparently, I didn't get my teeth until I was 10 months old, so I thought he wouldn't get his for a long time.

Saturday, I took him out, and the book store owner said he's teething, look how he's chewing on his fingers. I didn't tell her that he'd been chewing and sucking like that since he was 2 months old. But Saturday night, I was feeling his gums, and by golly, there were two little white nubbins poking up through his gums.

I really hope they come in quickly and he gets in a good mood. I forget what it's like to have a baby that's happy. I'm gonna miss my toothless baby though. I love that big toothless grin.

No comments: