Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Cold Snap

We had a frigid weekend here in south Texas. Our normal high is 62, but last weekend, our high was 34 and the low was 18. I actually had to run the faucets outside to keep the pipes from freezing. Our furnace was running constantly, and it was cold!

My landscaping took a pretty good hit. My hibiscuses were already looking a little bare from the earlier snow, and now they've pretty much lost all their leaves. We'll see how well they recover this spring. One of my palms was drooping badly. Don't know if it will recover. And it looks like my ginger plants are very sickly and sorta brown. I hope they recover. They're some of my favorite plants.

At the least, I hope this killed off the mosquito population, because it was horrible last year.

No comments: