Friday, April 16, 2010

Toothbrush Giggles

We had our one year appointment yesterday, and one thing the pedi mentioned was to make sure we brushed his teeth at night after his bedtime bottle. I'd made some halfhearted attempts, but he really hates it when I try to force the issue. If he thinks it's his idea, he's fine brushing and chewing on the brush. Otherwise...Yeah, not so much with the brush and more with the screaming and squirming.

So last night, I was prepared to lock him down and brush those 8 little teeth. But he discovered he could flick the brushes with his thumb and make a noise. Then I laughed and he laughed. He kept doing it to make me laugh, and that sent him into paroxysms of laughter. We must have sat on the rocking chair for 10 minutes with him just lying on my lap, alternating chewing on his brush and flicking the bristles, and both of us giggling up a storm.

That's one of the memories I want to cherish forever.

No comments: