Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Value of a Couple of Hours

Since having the baby, my life is composed of short segments of activity. Play with the baby, keep him from whining, read to him, feed him, change him...he's down for a nap! It's my time! :) Oh the wonderful things you can do when the baby is sleeping, either for a nap or at night time. I love those few hours I get each day. The only problem is trying to decide which of a multitude of projects to do.

In the past 7-10 days, I've napped, cleaned and reorganized one cabinet, made 8 grow bags, gone shopping a couple of times, planted veggies in aforementioned grow bags, made a shirt for Declan, watched Lost and Survivor, gone to bed early, and started playing Mass Effect 2. That's about half to a third of what I have on my list of stuff to do. Sometimes it's frustrating, but I keep telling myself that it's no big deal if the house is messy, and my tv shows are recorded on the DVR, so I can watch them anytime. The sewing machine has migrated into my bedroom on my work table, so I can leave it up. When I had it on the kitchen table, I was forever taking it down and putting it back.

It's just another way of looking at life. There's a new guy in my life and he takes up a lot of time. I don't begrudge him that. He's a lot of fun, even if he's whining or pulling things over on his head and crying about it. (I really hope the lesson about not pulling things down on your head sinks in soon.)

No comments: