Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Checking In

Yes, I know I haven't posted in a long time. Honestly, I've been busy doing ...well, life. After I get Declan to bed, I've been working on my garden, the landscaping, cooking, cleaning the house, catching up on Lost and Survivor, and playing Mass Effect 2. Awesome game, by the way. I can't even get close to my computer when Declan's awake because he's in my lap, under my feet, or trying to pull the keyboard and mouse onto the floor. Oh yeah, he's also pretty good at turning my computer off. So if I get online, it's usually on the laptop which is parked on top of the kitchen counter. It works, but I can't download my pictures to it, edit them and write a decent blog post. Hence, the long delays between posts.

Anyway...I've been taking Declan out with me when I run errands on the weekend or after work. He's tired of being inside, and I'm tired of hearing him screech at the top of his voice. So we went to the park a couple weeks ago. They have a nice playground set for kids (1?-) 2-3, and he's just getting to the age where he can toddle up the short steps and try out the itty bitty slide. However, as soon as he started exploring the playset, it was taken over by kids about 5-7 years old, and they were running roughshod over him. And I had to keep an eagle eye on him to keep him from trying to eat rocks.



I like his little hat. Okay, so maybe it's a little early for the 4th of July, but I don't have a ton of hats for him to wear, and I've misplaced the baby sunscreen.

Next we moved to the baby swings. He really loves the swings. We have one at the playset in our subdivision, and Daniel takes him there fairly frequently. This one's nice because it's under a sunshade, which accounts for the blue tone of the pictures.

Isn't he adorable in this one?




After he got tired of swinging, we went to run around in the field. Except that the only place he wanted to run to was another kid's birthday party. I guess he's practicing learning to crash parties at a young age. But I did get one good shot of him.



Last Saturday, we went to the Children's Museum of Houston again, and this time we got the family membership. After we go 3 times, it'll pay for itself, so why not? It'll be good when it gets too hot in the summer to go outside.

He absolutely loves playing with light switches, and they have little dioramas they can interact with.


And he got up close and personal with it.


There's things on the wall that are bright and spin around.


There's a track with cars that race downhill.


There's a whole corner that's filled with padded steps and holes, and lots of toys to play with.


They have a sled, and he loves to ride around on it.


However, his absolute favorite this trip was the water faucet.


No comments: