Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Having a cold while pregnant is miserable

Having a cold is bad enough. But you can usually take enough drugs to alleviate your symptoms to get through the day. Not when you're pregnant. I can take plain Robitussin, cough drops, and tea with honey. I've been coughing now for a whole week, and I've taking 3 days of sick leave. I guess I'll have to actually go back into work tomorrow.

I talked to the nurse, and she said this cold going around is bad, and I can expect to keep coughing for another 4 or 5 days. Great. Hopefully, it won't turn into bronchitis, and hopefully I'm on the downhill side of this thing. I even broke down and bought a netti pot to use for my stuffed up sinuses. It's kinda gross, but it works great.

I've been so productive with my time at home too. I've caught up on Survivor, America's Toughest Jobs, and HBO's True Blood. It figures that as soon as HBO puts out another series I'm interested in, I'm about to switch to Showtime because we're changing to Verizon over Comcast. I also had the new Lego Batman game to play, and it's a lot of fun. So I kinda got a vacation, although it wasn't what I was planning. And I was still checking emails and doing a bit of work to keep up with stuff.

I must be feeling better, because I'm actually contemplating making some healthy muffins for breakfast tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of "True Blood?" Kat and I were underwhelmed by the first episode.