Thursday, October 09, 2008

I heard the heartbeat!

I had another checkup at the doctor's office yesterday. I guess I've entered the time frame of the short and sweet visit. Pee in a cup, get weighed, see the doctor for 5 minutes. The coolest thing was getting to hear the baby's heartbeat on a Doppler machine. Sounded very cool. Sort of a swishing thump-thump. Made me smile.

And just like I figured, she gave me a warning about gaining too much weight. I'm blaming my clothes. Because the scale at her office weighed me 7 pounds heavier than I do at home. Still, I know I need to watch it.

Oh, we got DirectTV last night. The installer came out, and it took him a good 3 hours to install the dish and all the receivers. Gonna take me a long time to get used to the new system. We had to put it on a pole in the side yard because we have too many trees in our yard to get a good signal anywhere except that one place. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the loss of Entertainment on Demand. I was hoping to be able to browse movies on Showtime On Demand

No comments: