Thursday, January 15, 2009

30 Week Pregnancy Update

Had my 30 week appointment on Tuesday morning. Everything is fine. My blood pressure continues to be super low compared to normal, so I guess that's a good thing. Only down side was that I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I don't actually feel like I did anything too wrong. I mean, no matter how badly I ate, you just can't gain 8 pounds in 2 weeks, so it's mostly water weight. The bad thing is that gaining that much water that fast isn't good either, so I imagine the doctor will keep an eye on it.

At least it's reinforced my determination to up my vegetable and fruit intake. And cut down on the chips, not that I was eating that many anyway.

The little guy is active a lot, it seems. I know I don't have anything else to compare to, but he's usually active right after I wake up, right after lunch, and around 9-11 at night. He'll be moving for at least an hour, sometimes two. I rather like these little movements. It's fun and neat. Sometimes I play games with him. I'll feel part of him pushing against my belly, so I push back. Sometimes it's a foot or hand, and it'll move or roll across my belly to another location. Other times, it's a head or a butt, because it's much bigger and doesn't move very much.

Last night was very exasperating with his positioning though. For about 5 hours, I had to go to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes. I actually was worried I was getting a bladder infection. Then I guess he moved off my bladder, and things got much easier. Silly child.

No comments: