Wednesday, December 16, 2009

He's Learning and Growing

Last week, Declan learned to clap. He'd been able to bang two blocks together, but he didn't get the concept of clapping his empty hands together. We'd clap, and he'd wave his hands up and down, but not toward each other. Last week, he finally started clapping, and now he does it all the time. We encourage him a lot, too. :)

I think he's also starting to work on pulling up. Last night, I was practicing his standing up. He's really good at standing up on his own, as long as you provide the balance for him. Last night, I'd put out my hands and he'd sort of reach out to grab them, then he made a motion like he sort of wanted to stand up. So I'd lift him up a little bit, and as soon as he felt me start to lift him up, he'd work on standing up and getting his legs under him. I really think he could skip crawling, or at least, he's not going to be crawling for long if he does.

I have to brag on him a little bit, too. He's such a good sleeper now. I feed him his bedtime bottle around 7-7:30, then he immediately wants to go to his crib. No cuddling for him right now. I put him down, give him his bunny, turn on the lullabies and walk out the door. He usually doesn't even fuss, but immediately falls asleep. Then he sleeps through until 5:30 am.

I'll get up at 5:30, too, even though I'm not really thrilled about it. But I let him play in his crib until 6, while I'm getting his breakfast and my coffee ready. Right around 6, he starts fussing that he's ready to get up, so we go start his day.

No comments: