Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy Week with Mom

Somehow, we've been busy all week long while she's been here. Not a bad thing, I guess. We've gone walking, went to the community yard sale this weekend, gone exploring parks, did some shopping for a new bouncy seat and did some furniture rearranging. She also watched Declan while Daniel and I went to see the new Star Trek movie and went out to dinner. Loved the movie, and the dinner was good. We went to a place called La Tapa Tapa. It's a Spanish restaurant and it serves small portions of lots of different foods. We had veggie pizza, artichoke salad, beef and sausage skewers, stewed beef, and a cheese plate. Very good, although we wouldn't get the veggie pizza again. But everything else was excellent.

We went to Ikea one day and got some stuff to improve the baby's room and to rearrange the furniture in the front room. I'm going to move the guest bed in there and split the front living room into a living area and a guest room. I'm going to hang curtains down the middle of the room as a temporary divider. I don't want to build permanent walls, and I don't have time make screens, or money to buy as many as I need. It will still take a while to get everything moved. Especially because I tweaked my back a couple days ago, so Declan is as much as I can lift.

No comments: