Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Daniel got me a really cute card and he wrote a very funny little story inside. Had me laughing for a good long time. It was a take off on the Watchmen comic. He signed it with him and Declan, aww. And he got me some chocolates, hurray!

Declan got me a great present: he smiled and giggled and cooed 3 different times today.

This morning, we finally found a couple of parks that are nice. We went to Seabrook and found a nice park that had some picnic tables with a bunch of huge, old oak trees to give shade. There were lots of squirrels chasing each other around. Only problem is that there wasn't much in the way of walking paths there. Then this afternoon, we went to Walter Hall park in League City, and that one is very nice. It's got lots of shelters, walking paths, a boat ramp, some docks, grills and shelters. And it's not very far away. I think we'll be there quite a lot.

I was industrious over the last few days. Did all my baby announcements and sent them out, and last night I made nice dinner from scratch: chicken and dumplings from scratch and an apple brown Betty. I got the notion from Tyler Florence's Ultimate cooking show. It didn't look very hard when he was making it. Of course. Took a little longer for me to make it, but it turned out great. The apple brown Betty, on the other hand, wasn't so good. It was very dry and not that great. I had some for breakfast this morning, with some milk poured over it to soften it up and heated up in the microwave. It was marginally better, but still not great. I think I'll just eat the apple slices from it.

Now I just have to finish putting some of my pictures in my baby book for Declan and wash the cars. We're planning on taking my old car to Carmax to see if they'll give us a decent price. Would be a lot easier than trying to sell it on Craigslist.

Well, I think I'll try to find a couple more icons in the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt, and then I'm off to bed.

No comments: