Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Highs and Lows

It's Wednesday, September 24 and we finally got cable and internet back!!!! Hurray. I feel like I'm connected to the world again!! I had connectivity at work, but it's not really the same.

I still haven't had a chance to get my pictures uploaded. I'll work on that tomorrow. I'm just too worn out to do it tonight.

My diet has been absolutely awful for the last two weeks. Eating stuff from the refrigerator, especially the melting ice cream. Then whatever we could scrounge up for the grill when we didn't have power. Hot dogs later, because it was the only thing in the grocery store that wasn't canned. Oh, don't even ask me about the tuna and baked beans experiment. Bleah. Then I caught a cold and went to the drug store for some cough drops. While there, I succumbed to a horrible attack of the snackies, buying a mini package of chocolate covered Oreos, a bag of Sun Chips (Hey, they're better than potato chips right?), and more chocolate covered mints.

I got a hair cut last night that lasted really late, so Daniel was hungry and thought I'd be home sooner than I was, so to make him happy, we went out for Mexican, and I had cheese dip. I think I ate the whole bowl of it. I didn't eat much of my dinner, so it's not all bad. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Tonight was the final straw. We finally gave up on FEMA putting a tarp on our roof and got a contractor to do it. They were recommended by our insurance company and they actually showed up quickly. The first company I called said there were 2000 people in front of me. Ugh. The roofers also gave me a good price to take down a tree that had lost over half its crown in the storm, so after they tarped the roof, they started on the tree.

Oh, that's also the same time I noticed our neighbor's roof had a tarp on it that said FEMA. D'oh! If we'd waited one more afternoon, they probably would have gotten to our house, and I could have saved $400. Well, one more thing to bill the insurance for.

I think one more night of a bowl of ice cream might be in my immediate future, and if the doctor yells at me for gaining too much weight, I'll just blame Ike.

Pictures coming soon, I promise. Tonight, I'm catching up on my tv, and researching the availability and cost of marble pillars. They were here when we bought the house, so I don't have a freakin' clue how much they cost or where to find them. *sigh*

I need a vacation. Oh wait, it got canceled because of Ike. *double sigh*

No comments: