Friday, April 17, 2009

So much for the easy fix

Went to the airport this morning to pick up my mother-in-law. She volunteered to come back for a week to give us some help. I made it to the airport okay, but on the way back home, the "check engine" light came back on. So it's more than the battery. I suspect the alternator, damnit. I think Daniel and I are going to buy a new car this very afternoon. I can't afford not to have a car that can hold a car seat.

But hey, I managed to get out of the house all on my own this morning. It was scary, but we did it.

And now that my MIL is here, I can take some time to catch up on pictures, charge all my electronics, maybe read the latest News and World Report, and have a leisurely cup of coffee. Declan tends to fuss all morning long, only quieting down if we go for a long walk. So this is a nice relief.

No comments: