Saturday, April 18, 2009

So my car ended up being a very expensive fix

Yesterday we bought a new battery. Today, we bought a new car! :)




We ended up buying a 2009 Toyota Rav4. It only has 23 miles on it. I liked test driving it. It's got a V6 and still manages to have the gas mileage of a V4 like the CRV. We were debating between the Rav4 and the CRV, and we stopped at the Toyota place first today because it was closer to our house than the Honda shop. The Rav4 has some nice acceleration, and the interior isn't bad at all. It's a heck of a lot nicer than my old Ford Contour! And after this morning with the check engine light coming on, I was determined to buy a new car today. I didn't want to be stranded somewhere in Houston with a broken car.

... (continued the next morning since I had to go take care of the little tyke)

It's still weird to look out in the driveway and see this big car/SUV in the driveway and realize it's ours now. I admit, I'm rather jealous of Daniel. He'll be the one primarily driving it since he's the one staying home with the kiddo. Oh well, in 5 more years, maybe we can buy a car for me.

Assuming the weather isn't as bad as it was yesterday, we're planning a little expedition to get out of the house and take my mother-in-law to do some shopping.

No comments: