Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall is coming

The weather has been teasing us with some nice days. I think the low actually got to 69 for 1 or 2 nights. It's back up to the upper 80s/lower 90s right now, and still humid as all get out, but the end is in sight.

Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are still horrid. I heard the mosquito spraying truck trundle by last night, so hopefully in a day or two it will be better outside. Poor Declan is covered with mosquito bites, including several on his face. Poor little guy is just fresh meat laid out like a feast for the mosquitoes. Maybe that's part of why he's been crabby lately.

He's also cranked up the drool factory, so maybe another set of teeth are coming in. His bottom teeth are really showing, and he can bite my finger pretty hard.

I had given up on feeding him solid foods for a couple of weeks. He would cry every time I got a spoon near his mouth. It was better with my finger, but still not great. So I stopped for a while. Then I picked up a jar of baby food - apples - and tried that. He loved it this morning. He ate it without much fuss at all. We only ate about a third of the bottle, but it was promising. I'll give him some more tonight with dinner. He's just been so hungry lately, that his bottles haven't been satisfying him for long. This morning he was up at 3:30 for a bottle. Maybe he just wants his solid foods a lot more runny than I had been making.

No comments: