Saturday, September 26, 2009

Long, long week

I had to do the contract review last week, and it took forever to get ready for it. The number of reviews we go through is amazing. 2-3 reviews in our office, a procurement office review, then the first of 2 official reviews, then the final one that determines the contract rating. ANd they're very formal and extremely important. I'm so glad it's done, at least for another 5 months.

I had to stay late several nights, and this week, Declan was super cranky. Daniel was frustrated and upset by the time I'd get home. It's really hard trying to balance work against a newborn baby. Sometimes I think the people at work don't realize what they ask when they want me to stay late. I think they think that it's okay because my husband is watching the kiddo. But if I were a single parent or had Declan in daycare, I couldn't stay late. So it's not fair to ask Daniel to work late on taking care of the baby. He gets upset, and at work, they think I'm slacking off. *sigh* Oh well, I can only do what I can do.

No comments: