Monday, October 26, 2009

A Scarily Productive Sunday

I think the fall cleaning bug bit me yesterday.  The weather was gorgeous, and I'd had several craft projecst I really wanted to work on, but the house was in too much of a mess to do much.  I'm not sure where I started, but somewhere along the way, it turned into a full-blown cleaning day.  Let's see if I can remember everything I did...

  • Vacuumed the windowsills then washed them clean. They were filthy.  I think I could have grown plants in there, with all that dirt
  • Swept and mopped the kitchen and living room floor
  • Cleaned the inside windshield of the car and truck
  • Did 2 loads of dishes
  • Did 2 loads of laundry
  • Completed, then put away a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle
  • Cleaned the gutters all around the house
  • Washed the outside of the kitchen trashcan
  • Washed out the microwave
  • Cleaned the smooth surface stove top with Cerama Bryte
  • Recycled 2 old and broken TVs at Best Buy, something that had been on my list for months
  • Swept cobwebs off the ceiling
  • Used my knowledge of chemistry to clean an annoying spot on my cabinet floor
  • Went to Sam's Club for Halloween candy and chicken and cheese
  • Shredded the big block of cheese from Sam's Club and froze the extra for later
  • Installed 2 new door stops
  • Installed a cord wrap for the blinds on one window
  • Learned how to drill out a stripped screw
  • Fed the baby 4 times
  • Went to the Dollar Store and Home Depot with Declan to pick up Halloween and home repair supplies
  • Played with the baby for 2 long sessions
  • Played a video game
  • Spent some quality time with Daniel
Whew! I haven't been that busy in a long, long time.

No comments: