Monday, October 05, 2009

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

The verdict Saturday was peas - no; bananas - yes! He ate half a jar of bananas last night, and only 3 oz of formula. And he was perfectly content. Then Sunday, it was peas - no; squash - yes. I'm thinking he's not liking the peas too much anymore. And this morning, Daniel called asking how I got Declan to eat his oatmeal yesterday. I told him "runny". Apparently, oatmeal is not good eats this morning.

On the plus side, he slept great last night, after an absolutely horrible night on Saturday. Saturday, we went to Walmart for a few things from 6-7. He was falling asleep in the store, so when we got home, I put him right to bed, skipping his bedtime bath. After about an hour, he was awake again. Tried soothing, but it didn't work. We were watching the last episode of season 2 of Dexter and I really wanted to see what happened. So I finally got him out of his crib, wrapped him in a blanket, turned off all the lights except the tv, and held him while I finished watching the show. He still didn't want to go to sleep. Declan didn't actually settle to sleep until 11 pm, and even then, he kept waking up, until I finally put him in bed with me. Then he was up at 4:30 am. ugh. The only good thing about that was that I fed him, then put him down and he was asleep as soon as his head touched the mattress. Poor Daniel got kicked out of his own bed. Again.

No comments: