Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Saturday in the park

Saturday I actually got to meet up with some moms in my meet-up group.  Usually, I'm too busy or can't make the time or something.  I actually got dropped from the other mom's group I was in, but that's okay. They were mostly (all?) stay-at-home moms, and they were always doing things during the week and I couldn' participate.  Because I work, you know.  And a lot of the stuff they did on weekends or evenings was for moms only, and I have no one to take care of Declan.  It's not fair to Daniel to leave the baby with him in the evenings as well as during the day.

So anyway, I was happy to get out to the park and visit.  They seem like very nice ladies, and very mature, in a good way, not in an old way.  So Declan got to look at lots of other kiddos, and he had a great time just sitting and watching and eating his sweet potatoes.  There was another 7-month old, and he was crawling on hands and knees already.  Declan, by contrast, is still at the rolling stage, but he's really good at it.  He will roll and roll across the floor until he hits something, half the time, with his head.  I try to tell him that if he learns to crawl, he won't hit his head nearly as much.  He's sort of getting the idea of a military crawl.

Toward the end of our park trip, I discovered they had baby swings, so I had to put Declan in them.

At first he wasn't sure if he liked it or not. (PS, don't you love those chubby legs? :))


Then after some gentle pushing, he decided it might be fun.



And just for fun, here's a couple of other pictures of him from this week.

Dinnertime.


Getting ready to nap in his swing.


Mom and baby.


He discovered my yoga mat and unrolled it to play in it.

No comments: