Friday, November 06, 2009

So glad it's Friday

Little guy hasn't been sleeping well and waking up several times during the night. He's not too good at soothing himself back to sleep, or else I'm unable to let him cry very long and let him cry himself to sleep. That just doesn't work very well with me.

Last night we went out to dinner with a friend.  Got home in time to give the little guy his bath and bottle and put him to bed.  I kept him up until about 8 pm or a little later, and he was happily playing away on the floor and with me.  But when it was time to go to sleep, he screamed for 10 minutes while I was holding him until he eventually screamed himself out and fell asleep.  While sniffling.  So sad. 

I wonder if I kept him up too long and he was over tired.  How can you tell if a baby is over tired if he won't give you any signs, like yawns or eye rubs?

While I was rocking him to sleep, I fell asleep too, and jolted awake feeling like I almost dropped him.  So he went in the crib, and I went to bed.  At 9:30.  Yes, 9:30 pm, I was in bed.  I needed it though, because he was awake again at 3:20 am and kept me awake for an hour.  And during the day today, I'm noticing I'm not so quick on the mental uptake.

So I'm glad it's Friday and I can have a chance to nap or maybe sleep a little longer tomorrow morning if I put him back down for a nap after breakfast.

Plus I'm really looking forward to some me time to work on projects and things around the house.

No comments: