Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heh. I just scrolled down to see the last time I posted. Almost 11 months ago, last December, when I was still lifting strong.

Well, since then, I've gone on a radical diet, lost 80 pounds, lost a lot of strength, and had an absolutely insane schedule at work for the past 2 months. I haven't lifting since June, maybe May. I just didn't have the calories for it. The last 2 weeks, I've started exercising again. I can actually run on the treadmill for 10 minutes without feeling like I'm going to keel over and die. I can do a pullup with only 40 pounds of assistance. My goal is to do one unassisted pullup. And to have sexy legs. Both of those will take a little bit of work.

I'm back to squatting and deadlifting with Matt and his group, but on Sunday nights now. He's busy with kids during the week, and my work schedule is too hectic to get away regularly. So I'm doing some light conditioning weights at the gym at work during lunch. I still don't have the calories to do big heavy workouts, but right now, I'm focused on losing weight and body fat. I can always get strong later.

I've also been learning a lot about lapidary this summer. I joined the Houston Gem and Mineral Society (HGMS), and I've been learning to cut and polish gemstones of various types. I gave a lot away when I visited family and friends, but that's okay. It gives me an excuse to make more of them. I've also learned to do wire wrapping for some of the cabochons, so I need to keep practicing that. That'll probably be some Christmas presents. :)

Other than that, the summer was pretty quiet. It was too hot to go out and do much. Now that it's November, we have the house open and it's nice to go outside and do stuff. A big change from living in Virginia.

No comments: