Friday, December 12, 2008

Shuttle Flyover

The space shuttle was flying back from Edwards to Kennedy yesterday, and it's flight path took it over JSC. Someone got a call that it was near so we headed to the window.

From the 7th floor, we saw the plane with the shuttle on top fly low over Ellington Field, then curve around. Everyone ran outside next. I didn't even have time to grab my coat, and it was cold outside. But it was incredible.

The plane flew in a big circle over JSC and we could see the shuttle fixed to the back. It was very low and the weather was perfectly clear. I was regretting the fact that I didn't have my camera, but it also gave me a chance just to watch it, instead of trying to take a picture.

The plane circled around again, and this time, it fly right overhead! It was so close I could see the individual tiles on the belly of the shuttle. Everyone cheered, then we headed back inside to have dessert for our holiday lunch.

Afterward, some of my friends with cameras sent me some pictures. Here they are.

The shuttle on its first circle around JSC:
From Misc Blog Pics


Here it is on the second pass. From where I was standing, it actually flew directly overhead. These pictures are from a friend in a different building.
From Misc Blog Pics


Here is a picture of it taking off from Edward's Air Force Base Thursday morning.
From Misc Blog Pics

No comments: