Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm fighting a losing battle

As far as my fitness goes. Of course, I'm sure it didn't help that I spent about a month eating junk food and not exercising at all. but I finally got my expanding butt to the gym this week, and I'm trying to eat more veggies, beans and lean protein and cut back on the sugar.

For the upper body workouts, I finally switched to machines for a lot of the chest exercises instead of free weights. I don't want to lie on my back anymore. Those aren't so bad. But it's the unexpected things that get you. Like doing assisted pullups or cable pushdowns and realize that you don't have the ab strength you used to. My core strength is still good, but it's definitely going down as I can't rely on my abs as much.

I did a pretty normal one- hour workout Wed at lunch, split between the elliptical and upper body lifting. I didn't think I'd worked out too hard, but after lunch, I turned into a zombie. I just sat and stared at my computer, and even writing an email was too much work. I stuck it out as long as I could, then finally went home and went to bed for an hour.

Guess I'll take advantage of all the naps I can get now.

No comments: