Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Big days for Michelle and Declan. Daniel, too.

Monday was my first day back at work after my maternity leave. I'm only working half days this week, to ease myself back into it. Declan didn't cooperate Sunday night; he woke up at 4:30 am screaming. I forget why. Daniel said it had something to do with giving him water, then he got wet, or got his swaddle blanket wet, or something. I pulled the pillow over my head, but sleeping was out of the question. Anyway, I got him up again at 6 for a bottle, and by 7, he was back in his swing, napping away.

The first thing I had to do was reset all my passwords. That done, it was on to email, voicemail, and regular mail. Only 3 voice mails, and only 700 emails. Not bad for being out 2 months. I spent all morning on my email, and by the time I left at noon, I had it down to 59 emails. Pretty darn good, I think. Of course, I did it by being ruthless about old emails that I'd been hanging on to. I figured, if I hadn't fixed it after 4-5 months and the person hadn't called me back, I could delete it.

And of course, I had to show off pictures of Declan to all my office coworkers and talk to them about how he was doing.

Declan's big accomplishment yesterday was grabbing his pull toy and pulling it down, then letting it spring back up, then pulling it down again. I think he might have started figuring out cause and effect. He played with that toy for at least 10 minutes. It was very cute.

And Daniel's big day consisted of taking care of Declan all morning. Plus he did laundry!

No comments: