Monday, June 01, 2009

Bye Carolyn, and Thanks for All the Help

It was very nice to have my friend, Carolyn, visit for a long weekend. Unfortunately, we took all the pictures with her camera and I didn't have a chance to get the pictures off of it before she had to leave. So Carolyn, send me your pictures!

I think she managed to visit while Declan was at his absolutely fussiest he's been. I think his vaccinations last week made him crabby for days. We finally gave him some infant Tylenol and ever since then, he's been in a much better mood.

We went to Galveston and ate at Cafe Michael Burgers, a local eatery that made really good burgers. We ate on the second floor porch overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Then we drove to the west end of the island to see how much had been rebuilt since Ike and stopped at a couple of the pocket beaches. Didn't put my toes in the water though. There were a bunch of jellies washed up on shore.

Carolyn was a great help while she was here. It was nice to have someone to talk to like we used to when I lived in Virginia. I'm glad she came down, and I think it was good for her, too.

No comments: