Friday, March 20, 2009

Hurray for Vacation Fridays

Due to the telecommuting policy at work, I can't spend 5 days telecommuting. You have to come into the office 1 day a week. Rather than come in, I took a day of vacation and it was great. Mainly because I got to go for a prenatal massage with my favorite massage therapist. She was fantastic! I have almost no back and hip pain today. She even massaged the pressure points on my calves that are supposed to help trigger labor, but she said she wouldn't have if I weren't due tomorrow.

Best of all, she offered to come to the hospital with me when I go into labor to act as a doula, if she doesn't have appointments already. So I'm praying for this baby to come this weekend!

Still being crafty. Made an envelope pillowcase that was just about the easiest thing I've ever sewed. Then I made another baby toy. It's a double sided piece of felted wool with tags sticking out. The tags are all different sorts of fabrics: the cuff of a sock, a piece of elastic, a piece of microfiber, a piece of leather. And in the middle are two pieces of plastic bags, so the whole toy rustles when it's crumpled.

I tried to make a cloth teddy bear last night, but it came out so lopsided and misshapen that I just had to laugh and take it apart again. We might stuff it with catnip and give it to the cats.

I finally gave in to the urge to make cookies. I got a bag of peanut butter-chocolate chips and made tollhouse cookies with them. Yummy. Not at all healthy, but yummy.

All in all, quite a satisfying day.

No comments: