Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pregnancy Update: 39 weeks and 5 days

So I just got back from the doctor's office. My blood pressure is still really good, but I put on 4 pounds this past week. The doctor said it's all water and it's all in my legs. But she didn't seem too concerned. I guess if she were worried about it, I'd be on a stricter bedrest. I got an internal exam, and she said I'm still closed up high and tight. In other words, no progress, and I'm likely to go past my due date of Saturday.

I was sort of disappointed to hear that. In the last 2 days, I've been having a lot of pressure in my pelvis, and last night I started to have a couple of cramps, so I thought I might be getting close to going into labor. But no. No progress.

I go back in on Tuesday for a non-stress test on the baby and an ultrasound so they can check the fluid levels. My doctor wants to consider doing an induction next Friday, or at the absolute latest, the following Monday. Of course, there's every possibility that I could go into labor on my own anytime before then. Except today. She said it wasn't going to to be today

Here's a picture of me from last Sunday, at 39 weeks.

No comments: