Friday, March 13, 2009

Preganancy Update: 38 weeks 5 days

Everything is still looking fine for the baby. My blood pressure, weight and everything else is fine. Dr. listened to the heartbeat and it's good. She did a quick ultrasound to check and make sure he was still head down, since she said she couldn't feel his head this week, and last week she could. He's actually moved back up. No, wrong way, baby. Go down.

Daniel went with me this time to insist on telling the doctor how bad my back was hurting. I told her that by mid-way through the day, it hurt all the time. And by the end of the day, I can barely walk anymore. It's really, really hard to walk from the office to the parking lot, and if it's a mission day, then my walk is double or triple because our parking lot is shared by Mission Control. Just going to the copy machine or to the bathroom at work is painful, and walking between buildings is right out, now.

So my doctor wrote me a note excusing me from work until further notice. Um...great? I was not expecting to be put on modified bedrest at all. I had planned to work up until I went into labor so I could save my leave. But she said that I could telecommute. So I went into work for the last time to talk to HR and my management about telecommuting for the next 2 weeks. They don't have any problems with it. Yay! It lets me save my leave -and- keep occupied during the day. If I can't be busy and move around and go places, I think I'd go crazy just sitting on the couch all day.

No comments: