Thursday, March 05, 2009

Pregnancy Updated: 37 weeks 5 days

Had my weekly visit to the doctor this morning. It was later than normal, so I got to sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast.

My blood pressure is still fine, and I haven't gained any weight. Amazing, since I came home with a whole lot of baby shower cake last weekend.

When the doctor checked me, she said I was not dilated, but I am starting to get effaced. She could feel the baby's head, so he's in position. She estimated his weight at around 6.5 pounds, which is great. He'll gain a half pound a week right now, so if I go another 2 weeks, he'll be around 7.5-8 pounds. My doctor also said that older women tend to have bigger babies, so I'm relieved he's not any bigger.

I'm also starting to feel some Braxton-Hicks contractions. Had a couple yesterday, and when my doctor was checking the baby's heartbeat, she said I was having a contraction right now. I just didn't realize it, since it wasn't painful and I didn't know what to look for. So I guess my body is getting closer to delivery.

He's still not allowed to come until after this weekend, though!

No comments: