Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our last night as a couple

We went out for dinner at our favorite bbq place. Nothing fancy, but it was nice to be alone. We also settled on a name, or at least narrowed it down to 2 choices. Stopped by Walmart to pick up a few last minute things and supplies to get us through the next couple of weeks.

It's been chilly here. We went for a long, long walk, since walking is supposed to bring on labor. I had a few pains, but nothing I could really call contractions. Darn it.

By this time tomorrow night, I'll be in the hospital starting the first course of drugs for induction. On the forums where I hang out, the other women say that induction isn't too bad. I'm putting aside my intentions of a med-free birth, though. I'll still go as long as I can without pain medication, but I understand that pitocin contractions are pretty murderous, so I'm resigned to the fact that I may need an epidural. That doesn't bother me. I've read a lot, and I feel pretty informed. As long as I get to talk it over with the doctors, I think I'll be okay.

It's still hard to believe that it's almost time to have this baby. As I'm sitting here typing this on the laptop, my belly is twitching back and forth as he's moving around inside. I'll miss that, but it's time for him to leave. I can't sleep in bed anymore, and my feet are killing me with the swelling and the weight gain. I'm also jealous of the women on the pregnancy forums who are behind me, but are having their babies already. I feel left behind.

And on the eve of my induction, my innie finally became an outie. Didn't think it would happen.

No comments: